November 29, 2011

The Best-Kept Secret in Orange County!

I normally don't do restaurant reviews, but I feel it would be a SIN to not share this with you...



This ritzy restaurant puts your average happy hour to shame.  They have what they call the "Perfect 10" Menu ~ all items on it are under $10.  I thought, there has to be some catch, right?  All the items on that menu must be measly.  And they probably only offer it once a week...the skepticism went on and on.  

Then I tried it.

Man, was I wrong!  Not only are the portions beyond generous, but this crazy deal is offered Sunday-Thursday ALL DAY and Friday-Saturday until 6:30 p.m.  No joke.  How did I never know about this?

My husband and I both ordered the filet mignon {although there were many other tempting options, it seemed like the popular choice when looking around the restaurant}.  I was so excited to eat it, there was no way I would have been able to take a picture.  

I found the one below online ~ but what you don't see is the rich blue cheese butter that they put on top of the filet.  That was our favorite part!  
Can you believe it?  ALL this for $10!

We also tried the macaroni & cheese with smoked bacon {delicious} and the garden salad {equally yummy}.

One of our favorite parts of our meal was the bread.  We've been eating Paleo for a while lately...but sometimes you just can't say no to a warm piece of bread ~ especially some as good as this was.  They serve slightly toasted bread with a homemade olive aoli.  The aoli is a mayonnaise base with garlic, anchovies, and kalamata olives.  SO GOOD.  So worth it.

It's not every day you walk out of a restaurant wanting to call everyone you know to tell them about the next restaurant they must try ~ but we totally felt that way here.  

If you live in Orange County, or are out this way, please, please, please do yourself a favor and try Brasserie Pascal.  You won't regret it!

P.S. The restaurant is located at Fashion Island, Newport Beach...who doesn't love a little shopping after enjoying a delicious meal?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails