May 22, 2011

A Week at Camp with 120 5th & 6th Graders!

This week I will be heading to the Irvine Ranch Outdoor Education Center with my teaching team and 120 of our students!  Yikes! 

Don't feel too bad for us, though.  Take a look at what we'll be up to!

This is not the camp you remember going to years ago when you were a kid.  They have plush accommodations {kids are too lucky these days!}.  Every building at Camp is built with a craftsman feel - I love it!

An aerial view of the camp.  Orange groves and orchards have popped up since.

The dining hall {the food is not bad either!}

The kids will do a little mining here {in a real mine!}

...and even do a little zip-lining {teachers, too!}

The camp is surrounded by beautiful Irvine Park

We'll hike here...


...and conduct some scientific investigations here.

We'll investigate the Newport Back Bay...


...and even kayak in the Newport Beach Harbor!

OK, so you're probably not feeling too sorry for me now.  I must admit, I don't hate this week.  Accommodations are great, the scenery is breathtaking, and I love letting loose with my students!

Althought located in the heart of Orange County, Irvine Park really is a little slice of "God's Country."

Here's to a week of laughter, tears,  hikes, camp-fire stories, sshhhhing girls to be quiet and go to sleep, and lifelong memories!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails