May 29, 2011

A Lovely Saturday in Laguna Beach

After a week at Outdoor Ed with 120 5th and 6th graders, my husband and I needed a little get-a-way!

Yesterday was a gorgeous day in Orange County, so we decided to try our luck and head to Laguna Beach.  Laguna holds a special place in our hearts; it was where my husband popped the question four years ago {almost to the date!}.

Laguna Beach is not the "easiest" beach to get to.  I was praying for clear skies on our drive, and we were not disappointed when we arrived!


First, we walked around the little streets of Laguna, searching for a new place to eat.  We walked by Hennessey's - the food looked great and the soccer game was playing - so it was a win/win.


I got the tomato bisque soup, and my husband got the grilled cheese.  DELICIOUS!
One thing that I really loved about Hennessy's?  Their $4 bloody mary's {get there before noon on weekends}.



After our food frenzy, we were in for some pure R&R.  We spent a few hours on the beach relaxing in the sun.  It was even warm enough for my husband to ride some waves!


After all of our time in the sun, we were in the mood for a cold treat.  We popped into the Starbucks on Pacific Coast Highway before heading home to order these bad boys...

Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino

Coconut Creme' Frappuccino

You know those days that occasionally come by where all you can do is be utterly THANKFUL when you go to bed at night?  This was one of those days.

I hope you all had at least one GREAT day this weekend!


2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails