February 7, 2011

{Sweet Inspiration} A 6th Grade Student's Poem

My Monday was...typical to say the least.  It's not always easy to motivate students on Mondays.  Then after class, sweet Zoey handed me this poem she had written.  She wanted me to have it.  Right then and there my day turned right around.  I hope you can find some joy in reading her words, too!

~-~-~-~-
Smile my friends, for you have God's favor
Isn't that something to savor?

Thank the Lord for all He has done
But remember you aren't the only one.

Jesus was sent to save us all
So that we may raise and not fall.

Be courageous and remember His word
For He is our shepherd, and we are His herd.

Remember to always be kind
Keep this mission in your mind.

Remember the Lord
For He will be your shield and sword.

Smile my friends, for you have God's favor
Isn't that something you ought to savor?
~-~-~-~-

Isn't the faith of our little ones amazing?  What really gets me is that this was written on Zoey's "free time."  Time that's hard to come by in 6th grade.  {happy tear}

Hope you are having a sweet Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails