February 27, 2011

Giada...I Think I Love You

My two favorite cooking shows are Giada at Home & Barefoot Contessa.  I love me a good Paula Deen show too, but these two shows are my "go-tos."  I look forward to nothing more on Saturday morning than waking up and lounging on my couch with my coffee in hand, catching up on the latest episodes.

I love Giada De Laurentiis for so many reasons...
She's gorgeous!

She's a great chef & baker - and nothing she makes is too difficult for the average at-home cook.


She has a chic home and great sense of style.

She is a hard-working woman who has {from an outsider's perspective} a great relationship with her husband, Todd.


She has the most adorable little daughter ~ Jade Marie!


I think I love her show so much because she incorporates all of these things into each episode ~ you get a real "glimpse" of who she really is, and I love that! 


Lastly...the lady loves Chocolate!  A woman after my own heart.

On a recent episode, Total Comfort, Giada made these Double Chocolate and Espresso Cookies for her and her daughter. They look unbelievably decadent...I must try these!

HERE ARE THE INGREDIENTS

6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces (recommended: Ghirardelli)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/3 cup dark chocolate-covered espresso beans
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (recommended: Nestle Toll House)

DIRECTIONS

Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats. Set aside.


In a small bowl, combine the chocolate and butter. Place the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water and stir occasionally until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.

In the bowl of a food processor, finely chop the chocolate covered espresso beans. In a medium bowl, whisk together the chopped espresso beans, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.

In another medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, water, and vanilla extract. Gradually add the dry ingredients and stir until thick and smooth. Fold in the melted chocolate. Stir in the chocolate chips. Using a cookie or ice cream scoop, scoop level 1/4 cupfuls of the batter onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake until slightly puffed and the tops begin to crack, 18 to 20 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheets and serve.

TIP
You can find dark chocolate covered espresso beans at Trader Joe's - they're inexpensive, and they make for a delicious snack!



I have a pretty busy week coming up, but I'm thinking these need to make their way into the schedule somehow!

2 comments:

  1. Look delish.... maybe a W5G treat? Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giada and Ina are my favorites. The only one's I have to watch and could sit and watch them for hours. I even bought the DVD's. I love Giada, her shows are total eye candy. I love how everything is so perfect, her, the spoons, bowls, even the hand soap. lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails