December 22, 2010

{Martha's} DIY Pin-Up Christmas Card Wreath

This is an oldie ~ but a goody!

Martha first published this DIY project in her 2002 issue of Martha Stewart Living.  I was feeling a little crafty,  but with the Holidays approaching I didn't have a whole lot of extra cash lying around to run out and buy a whole bunch of items for a project.  This was right up my alley.  Plus, I LOVE receiving Christmas cards, but I could never think of a clever {and lovely} way to display all of them. 


Here's what Martha says about the project:
Decorate a wall or an interior door by hanging a holiday-card wreath. Using *wood glue, affix miniature wooden clothespins to a large (about 14-inch-diameter) embroidery hoop. Alternate clothespins to point outward and inward, spaced 1 1/2 inches apart. Suspend from a ribbon, and clip your cards in place as you receive them.

*I used a hot glue gun and it worked like a charm!

Fun Fact:  This project is CHEAP!  I had the ribbon and hot glue lying around the house, so all I needed to buy were some small clothespins and an embroidery loop.  I bought everything at Michael's for under $3!

Here's my Pin-up Wreath!  I think it's so great ~ and I will be using it in years to come.  I love that all you need to do to "update" the style is to switch out the ribbon to match your decor or taste.


Looking for a last-minute {and inexpensive} gift for a loved one this Christmas?  Consider making this lovely Holiday wreath!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails