May 18, 2010

Wedding Cupcakes - Crystal Cove State Beach

From as far back as I can remember, I have loved watching The Food Network.  When other kids were probably dying to finish their homework so that they could go play outside, I was always dying to sneak up to my parents' room and watch Great Chefs on the TV in their bedroom.  This was before  Everyday Italian, The Barefoot Contessa, and even before  Emeril's infamous "BAM!" took off.  One side of me loved to play outside with the other kids on my block until the street lights came on, but the other side of me loved drawing, painting, and working with ceramics.  In college I developed a  love for baking, however, dorm life didn't allow me to practice my skills very often - in fact, not at all.  However, I bravely  (or should I say, ambitiously) volunteered to bake the cupcakes for my friends' beach wedding in the summer of 2007.  I was only twenty years old.  Luckily, my friends were very trusting and did not need much convincing that I was capable of the task.  And  thankfully, the cupcakes were a big hit.  I could not have been more thankful for how they turned out!
The wedding was held at beautiful Crystal Cove State Beach in Orange County, California.


For the Bride:  Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting
For the Groom:  Funfetti with Lemon-Cream Cheese Frosting
Homemade candy shells as decor - yummy!

You never know what you are capable of until you try. 

Life is Sweet,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails